Effective Date: May 28, 2020
Collection of Data
We respect your privacy and do not collect personally identifying information without your permission. Through our Site, we may collect your first and last name, e-mail address, and zip code when you sign our pledge to take action to end family violence, or when you submit a photograph or video or other information to YourVoice, a part of our #BetterWay campaign that lets you share what a healthy relationship looks like. This information is collected and stored electronically and in hard copy.
Information Collected Automatically
Information about your computer hardware and software may automatically be collected by Waymakers when you use the Site. For each Site user, the user’s computer reaches us via a particular Internet Protocol (“IP”), address. Our servers automatically collect this IP address. We may also collect other technical information such as browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, protocol status and substatus, bytes sent and received, and server information. We may further collect information about how you interact with the Site, including the number of clicks. This information is used by us for our business purposes, including for the operation and improvement of the Site, for technical troubleshooting, to maintain the quality of the Site and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Site.
Cookies and Other Information Collection Tools
What are cookies? A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website or use an online service. When you visit the website or use the service again, the cookie allows that website or online service to recognize your browser or device. Cookies may store unique identifiers, user preferences and other information.
How do I control cookies? Web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to manage and delete cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Some web browsers provide settings that allow a user to reject cookies or to alert a user when a cookie is placed on the user’s computer, tablet or mobile device. Most mobile devices also offer settings to reject mobile device identifiers. Although users are not required to accept cookies or mobile device identifiers, blocking or rejecting them may prevent access to some features available through the Site.
Do Not Track
Our Site does not currently take any action when it receives a Do Not Track request. Do Not Track is a privacy preference that you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits collected across websites when you have not interacted with that service on the page. For details, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit www.donottrack.us.
Use and Disclosure of Data
We may use the information we collect for any of the following purposes:
- to provide the Site to you and to improve the Site;
- to e-mail you our newsletters and educational materials about family violence. We provide a way to opt-out of these communications and do not intentionally send unsolicited e-mail messages that could legitimately be construed as spam;
- to feature your YourVoice story on the Site, our social media platforms or other marketing, promotional, and advertising initiatives as part of our #BetterWay campaign to end family violence with your or your parent or legal guardian’s consent;
- for security, to detect and prevent potentially unlawful activities, and for archival and backup purposes in connection with the provision of the Site; and
- for research, analysis and other business purposes.
We may share your information:
- With Our Service Providers. We may share your information with our third party service providers that help us operate and maintain the Site and to send out our newsletters or educational materials on family violence via e-mail.
- For Legal Purposes. We may share your information as needed to enforce our rights, protect our property or protect the rights, property or safety of others, or if compelled to do so by proper judicial or governmental authorities. Disclosure shall be limited to only those that we are compelled to disclose to.
We will never sell or rent your personal information to advertisers or other third parties.
Security Used & Retention of Personal Information
Waymakers uses reasonable security measures designed to prevent unauthorized intrusion to the Site and the alteration, acquisition or misuse of personal information. We provide the Site from servers located in the United States. If you are accessing the Site from a different country, we will only transfer your personal information to the United States using appropriate safeguards.
We will not be responsible for loss, corruption or unauthorized acquisition or misuse of personal information that you provide through the Site that is stored by us, or for any damages resulting from such loss, corruption or unauthorized acquisition or misuse. We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, or as required by applicable laws or regulation.
Links to Third Party Websites
Waymakers is strongly committed to protecting the safety and privacy of children who use the Site.
We do not knowingly collect personal information online from children under thirteen (13) without consent from the child’s parent or legal guardian, and we will never condition a child’s participation in an activity on the Site on the child’s disclosure of more personal information than is necessary to participate in the activity. Our Site is not specifically directed to children under thirteen (13).
Regarding Financial and Legal Advice. The information on this Site, including but not limited to reports, newsletters, articles, and opinions is provided for educational and informational purposes only. It is not intended to provide legal, accounting, or tax advice and should not be relied on in that respect. We suggest that you hire an attorney, accountant, and/or financial advisor to answer any financial or legal questions.
1221 East Dyer Road
Santa Ana, CA 92705